The Appeals Committee is a standing committee of ECA according to article 22.1 of the Statutes. The tasks and members of standing committees are determined by the members of ECA.
The Appeals Committee has the task of handling appeals regarding the ECA Certificate for Quality in Internationalisation.
The Appeals Committee has three members and two substitute members:
- Guy Aelterman, Emeritus Professor Ghent University. Former Head of Cabinet of the Flemish Minister of Education, former Vice-Chancellor of University Colleges in Antwerpen and Ghent, former Vice-Chair of the Accreditation Organisation of The Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).
- Elisabeth Fiorioli, Secretary General of Universities Austria. Former Director of the Austrian Accreditation Council (ÖAR), former ECA Management Group Member.
- Mieczyslaw Socha, QA Expert and member of Advisory Boards. Former Vice-President of the Polish Accreditation Committee (PKA), former Associate Professor of the University of Warsaw, former ECA Management Group Member.
- Ivan Leban, Retired Professor of University of Ljubljana. Former Director of the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency (SQAA), former Vice-Chair of ECA.
- Gemma Rauret, Retired Professor of University of Barcelona. Former Director of the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation of Spain (ANECA), former ECA Management Group Member.