Higher education in Belgium
Since 1991, Belgium is a federal country in which federated entities are fully competent over education. The federated entities are the Flemish Community (Flanders), the French Community (Wallonia-Brussels) and the German-speaking Community.
Higher education is therefore organised in three separate systems:
- Higher education in Flanders
- Higher education in Wallonia-Brussels
- Higher education in the German-speaking Community
- Register of recognised higher education in Flanders
- Database of recognised higher education in Wallonia-Brussels